We’re back from Amsterdam after celebrating our 1st annual PhoneGap Day EU! We took all the fun and learning from PhoneGap Day US in Portland and transported it to our European friends.
PhoneGap Day EU surpassed our expectations with over 300 attendees and another 100 on the waitlist. Clearly there was a huge demand for PhoneGap in Europe! We had a jam packed day of PhoneGap updates, shared experiences with coding and plugins, and a look at the mobile landscape.
We also had a sold out workshop from Remy Sharp the day before the conference and we plan to expand on that next year with more workshops.
We saw some great interactions on social media with our hashtag #pgday (over 750 mentions) and countless conversations amongst attendees.
Thank you to everyone who attended PhoneGap Day EU and for [PPK]((http://twitter.com/ppk) and Krijn for helping us organize it. We can’t wait to jump on a plane next year and come back. For those of you who couldn’t make it, we’ll be videos from the day very soon!
Check out the speaker slides below (we’ll be adding more as the slides come in):
- Andre Charland, Adobe - Opening Remarks
- Simon Cross - Facebook State of Mobile
- Horia Dragomir - Building games with HTML5
- Paul Plaquette - Porting Cordova to Tizen
- Ian Jorgensen - What do PhoneGap, Canvas & Urine have in common? (No slides, but learn more about his app Piddle)
- Dave Johnson - What’s new in PhoneGap 2.0
- Gert Jan Spriensma - The Appstore Opportunity
- Rohde Fischer - Working with Plugins
- Pat Mueller - Weinre
- Max Ogden - Building Gather.at
- Matt Gifford - Automating PhoneGap Build
- Joe McCann - How To Enter Emerging Markets: Mobile
- Committer Panel - Q&A
- Brian LeRoux - PhoneGap 2.x - 3.x