Adobe TechLive is a new Adobe offering that delivers live interactive technical events. All events take place in Adobe Connect sessions so you can engage and get your questions answered from a variety of people: Adobe Developer Evangelists, Product Managers, and more. This is awesome for those who can’t attend a meetup or live too far away!
In February, Adobe TechLive has a calendar full of PhoneGap related content that you might be interested in:
Getting Started with Apple Push Notifications and PhoneGap Feb 8, 10-11AM PST / 1-2PM EST Holly Schinsky (@devgirlFL)
Learn the steps needed to implement Apple Push Notification handling in your PhoneGap application, including:
- An overview of certificates needed for the APNs service
- Enabling your application to receive push notifications via the Apple Developer Portal
- Implementing the Cordova push notification plugin into your PhoneGap application
- Updating your native AppDelegate code to handle native push notification events
Have a question about PhoneGap? This is the session to attend! There won’t be a presentation, just a simple forum to ask your questions about PhoneGap, PhoneGap build and mobile development.
Getting Started with Android Push Notifications and PhoneGap Feb 22 10-11AM PST / 1-2PM EST Holly Schinsky (@devgirlFL)
Learn the steps needed to implement push notification handling in your PhoneGap application on Android including:
- How to set up a GCM (Google Cloud Messaging) account
- Using Eclipse to create and debug the sample application
- Implementing the Cordova GCM push notification plugin into your PhoneGap application
- Native code changes needed to pop up an alert when a notification is received
Tired of Hello World? In this live session, Christophe explores best practices to build real-world PhoneGap applications. You’ll investigate the Single Page Architecture, HTML templates, effective Touch events, modular application techniques, and more.
Learn about other Adobe TechLive events: http://techlive.adobe.com/calendar/
Can’t make it? The Adobe Tech Live events will be recorded and put up on http://techlive.adobe.com/archives