The PhoneGap team headed to LA from May 4-8 to attend Adobe MAX. We were stoked to have so many PhoneGap and PhoneGap Build sessions there! We met tons of people who were new to PhoneGap and lots who were already familiar with us and wanted to take it to the next level.
Did you know? The Adobe MAX mobile companion app was made with PhoneGap! Even though the conference is now over, you can still check out the app and see how it works.
If you weren’t able to attend MAX, we have a video round-up of most of the sessions that were presented:
Building Mobile Apps with Web Standards
Architecting a PhoneGap Application
Optimizing PhoneGap Applications
Tips for Creating Real PhoneGap Apps That Look As Good As They Perform
Top 10 Performance Techniques for PhoneGap Applications
Expanding PhoneGap with Plug-ins
Advanced PhoneGap Build
Case Study: Designing and Developing PhoneGap from the Ground Up
PhoneGap and UnTappd: The Perfect Pint
What else happened at MAX?
- We got some great coverage from the guys at Nerd Radio in MAX’s Community Pavilion. You can listen to the interviews to get even more insight into PhoneGap from Ray Camden, Brian LeRoux, Joni Rustulka, Serge Jespers, Chris Griffith, and Greg Avola.
- We also participated in a hackathon with the Brackets team on Monday and Tuesday in the Expo Hall. We had some couches, tables and plenty of people gathered around for some hacking. Thanks to those who showed up!
- Joni Rustulka spoke at the IxDA LA Meetup on “Design for Many Devices”. Joni’s talk included a reference to an application built using PhoneGap and gave the downlow on how to approach designing a product that will deliver on multiple devices and multiple platforms. Check out her slides.
- Fil Maj spoke at the LA PhoneGap User Group giving an Intro to PhoneGap and PhoneGap plug-ins.
- Our friends at Microsoft announced their Porting Challenge. Publish/Port your PhoneGap app to the Windows Phone Store and expand your opportunities by reaching a growing number of Windows Phone 8 users. Plus, a number of finalists will win some cool prizes!
It was a jam packed schedule and had an awesome time. Thanks to everyone who connected with us – see you at the next event!