It’s only been a week and we’re already feeling a little nostalgic for PhoneGap Day US 2014. Thanks to everyone who made it out! It was truly incredible meeting all of you and hearing all the great things you’re doing with PhoneGap. This year we switched things up a bit and held our 4th annual PhoneGap Day US at Dogpatch Studios in San Francisco, CA. From an amazing speaker line up to a pub mixer to end the event, we hope you walked away with some valuable content and connections.
Here are some of our favorite highlights:
You asked, we listened. We doubled down on workshops this year with beginner, advanced, and God Mode tracks, as well as an amazing PhoneGap Ecosystem track including a Firefox OS App workshop and performance tips with Mobify.
Workshops were a huge hit this year with a long line of attendees itching to get started well before registration opened. The sessions were great whether you’re new to PhoneGap or a seasoned veteran.
Michael Brooks - Essentials: Beginner Track Christophe Coenraets - Building Native-Like PhoneGap Apps and Ionic Tutorial Holly Schinsky - Build a Hybrid Mobile Application and Advanced PhoneGap Hybrid App Tutorial Jesse MacFadyen - Plugin Authoring
We dove into some great stuff coming up for PhoneGap like the new PhoneGap Developer Apps. The Desktop GUI provides a visual interface to create/manage PhoneGap projects and the Developer App can help you preview how your app will look on a device and make real-time changes. PhoneGap Enterprise also made an appearance. Authoring mobile apps within a CMS and updating OTA? Yes, please. More to come on that soon!
For those that couldn’t make it, be sure to browse the presentation decks! (more will be added as they come in!):
- Brian Leroux - Opening Remarks
- Tim Kim and Herm Wong - Adobe / The New PhoneGap Developer Apps - Developer App and Desktop GUI
- Jesse Freeman - Publishing PhoneGap Apps to the Amazon Pasture
- Anis Kadri - Introducing PhoneGap Enterprise
- Piotr Azalea (Mozilla) - Cordova, Firefox OS & New Tools for App Development
- Garth Braithwaite - PhoneGap Needs Design
- TJ VanToll (Telerik) - The State of Hybrid Tooling
- Joe Bowser - Many Web Views on PhoneGap Android
- Eric Mittelette (Microsoft) - What’s up with Cordova on Windows, Windows Phone and Visual Studio
- Mike Hartington - Ionic: Basically it’s totally sweet
- Bruce Lefebvre - Adobe / Enterprise: not just a dirty word anymore
- Paul Fischer - Intel / An IDE for Cordova (as well as this little ditty)
- Matt May - PhoneGap Accessibility
- Justin Vaillancourt (Mobify) - Perceived Performance
- Michael Mocny (Google) - Google’s Focus on Apache Cordova
- Wayne Parrott (Genuitec) - GapDebug Tooling
- Shazron Abdullah - State of the Union
- Brian Leroux - Closing Remarks
BIG THANKS to all our awesome sponsors!