We just wrapped up PhoneGap Day US 2016 in Lehi, UT! It was an incredible few days and we can’t wait to do it again.
With our sold out workshops and conference the Adobe Lehi office was bursting at the seams with hundreds of mobile developers and speakers from around the world.
We kicked off the workshop day with 3 separate tracks so attendees could choose their own adventure whether they wanted to learn more about plugin development or app submission best practices.
Check out the slides and resources from all the workshops below. We’ll be adding the recordings soon!
- PhoneGap Beginner - Garth Braithwaite
- Hands-on Bluetooth Low Energy - Don Coleman
- App Privacy and Security for PhoneGap Developers - Tommy Williams
- PhoneGap Intermediate - Holly Schinsky
- Building an App with Ionic 2 - Mike Hartington (Ionic)
- Best Practices for App Submission - Tim Kim
- Build the Amazon App: A workshop on quickly building a hybrid app with feature parity to Amazon’s app with a mix of native and web interfaces - Loki Meyburg (Mobify)
- Memory Leaks in Hybrid Mobile Apps - Chris Gosselin (Rangle.io)
- Cordova Plugins in Action - Brian Rinaldi/TJ VanToll (Telerik)
- PhoneGap Push Notifications - Simon MacDonald
- Embedding PhoneGap Natively: The Hybrid Sweet Spot - Anis Kadri
- Plugins are Everything, and Everything is a Plugin - Jesse MacFadyen
- Supercharge your Hybrid Apps with Microservices for Mobile - Cian Clarke (Red Hat)
- Hands on: Create Advanced Apps with Crosswalk Runtime - Alexis Menard (Crosswalk)
- Optimizing Performance and User Interface - Masa Tanaka (Monaca)
- Microsoft Visual Studio - Ryan J. Salva (Microsoft Visual Studio)
We had one of the best PhoneGap Day conference lineups yet with representation from popular frameworks like Angular, React and Ember as well as some incredible case studies of apps built with PhoneGap. Michael Brooks kicked off PhoneGap Day US 2016 with the history of PhoneGap Day, looking back on 2015 with Cordova and PhoneGap and looking forward to what’s to come in 2016.
We also heard from the creators of two incredible PhoneGap apps, Sworkit and StoryCorps. There was not a dry eye on the house as we heard from Dean Haddock of StoryCorps talk about how users are using the StoryCorps app to share their stories and connect with one another. We also heard from Ryan Hanna and David Frahm of Sworkit as they talked about app development with a small team and free marketing exercises you can do to promote your app <–GOLD!
We were also joined by experts from the Angular, React and Ember communities as they shared their best development tips. We had so many incredible talks so be sure to check out the decks - we’ll be adding more soon! We’ll also be posting the recordings on the blog over the coming weeks so keep an eye out:
- PhoneGap Day kickoff - Michael Brooks
- Mind the Gap: Supercharge your PhoneGap Workflow - Eric Alli
- Automated App Testing: A pain or cure? - Martin Poschenrieder
- Finding the Sweet Spot: Blending native and web - Shawn Jansepar (Mobify)
- Ionic: Version 2 and beyond - Mike Hartington (Ionic)
- How StoryCorps Built and Launched StoryCorps.me - Dean Haddock
- PhoneGap Applications with Ember: Lessons learned - Alex Blom
- Using Monaca Cloud to Enhance Cordova Development - Masa Tanaka (Monaca)
- BONUS Cordova Final Quest Game - Masa Tanaka
- Cordova Plugin Roundup - TJ VanToll (Telerik)
- PhoneGap and React.js - Jed Watson
- When the heck is 4/8/2016 - Ray Camden
- Fixing Continuous Delivery for Mobile - Nick Van Weerdenburg (Rangle.io)
- Making Enterprise Sh_t - Bruce Lefebvre
- Crosswalk: A powerful runtime for your Cordova Apps - Bob Spencer (Crosswalk)
- Build and Market Your App: Small Team Success - Ryan Hanna and David Frahm
- Generate for AEM and PhoneGap: Design Evolution 3. D2W - Renee Lance
- Loading Native Code (plugins) Dynamically for the Enterprise - Shazron Abdullah
- What’s new for Apache Cordova - Ryan J. Salva
We ended the conference on the slopes at Sundance Mountain Resort. After a jam-packed 2 days of coding and learning, it was great to get out to enjoy Utah’s famous snow.
Big thanks to all of our amazing sponsors!
Couldn’t make it to Lehi in January? We’re hosting PhoneGap Day EU in Amsterdam on May 19-20. Register today!