Installation of the plugin has changed a little bit. Now when you install the plugin you specify the GCM Sender ID as one of the variables. This is to resolve a warning that was confusing users being thrown by GCM but it also sets us up to evolve the API. Soon you won’t need to put you sender ID in your JS code.
phonegap plugin add phonegap-plugin-push --variable SENDER_ID="My Sender ID"
If you are not using GCM to send messages on iOS or you are not using GCM at all you can put in any value for the variable.
phonegap plugin add phonegap-plugin-push --variable SENDER_ID="My Fake Sender ID"
For those interested in the full CHANGELOG:
- Background processing with coldstart on iOS #583
- Android: notification does not dismiss after selection button (1.6.x dev) #610
- XDK doesn’t work with v1.5.x. Are you going to have a non-gradle version for v1.5.x #675
- emoji support #668
- iOS sound not found [edited with new debug info] #667
- Push notification register APN to GCM Problem #665
- IOS Never fire the registration event #659
- Badge count inaccurate #651
- Android Icon options in email@example.com #648
- Getting same registration id when re-register #641
- Callback not called unless you register to GCM everytime you open the app #626
- How to make GCM show alert automatically ios #602
- Shoddy image for notification icon,status bar icon? #587
- ERROR: Plugin ‘PushNotification’ not found #568
- No sound and vibration for GCM when built with Cordova but Ok with PhoneBuild #520